Frequently Asked Questions - USB Tap
- If I use a USB 2 port will that limit the NETWORK speeds?
- No, capture is at gigabit speed, regardless of USB link. If you have >300+Mbps on a USB 2 link, packets will be dropped, but at the USB level, not the network.
- What about jumbo frames?
- All of the wired ports, including the Wired-TAP port, support frames up to 9072 bytes. The USB link supports frames up to 4088 bytes.
- Do I lose Network connection if the SharkTap loses power?
- Yes, the Network connection is broken if the tap loses power.
Back to main page